The School of Physics is honored to receive support from loyal alumni, faculty, staff, parents, and friends of Georgia Tech as well as corporations and private foundations. The School is building a solid reputation in science, teaching, and research; we must continue to attract the best and the brightest faculty and students, and to hold our place at the leading edge of discoveries. Private support for the School’s programs and services is essential, and financial support is always welcome. If you already give through the annual Roll Call, please consider designating a portion of your donation to the School of Physics. Also, if you would like to make a contribution, or have an idea for an innovative gift, please call or email our Chair, Feryal Özel (404-894-5200 or firstname.lastname@example.org), or our Director of Development, Ashley Coogan (404-894-3529, email@example.com).
The following list shows some of the areas where funds from alumni and friends are of great value to the school:
- Graduate student fellowships to help us attract highly talented students
- Undergraduate scholarships and prizes to recognize academic excellence and support students in their endeavors
- Assistance with student participation as presenters at professional conferences, such as regional and national APS meetings
- Faculty fellowships to support the professional development of young tenure track faculty members and academic professionals
- Endowments supporting the creation of seminar series so that our students, faculty, and postdocs have greater opportunities to meet and learn from leading scientists
- Endowed chairs to help us attract internationally recognized scientists to join the faculty of our school and support the work of our most talented existing faculty members
Thank you for your support. Funds donated for immediate use, or to provide support in perpetuity through the creation of an endowment, are very valuable to us. We look forward to your continued involvement with the School of Physics.