- (404) 894-3269
- IBB 3312
- Research Group
Ph.D. Columbia University, 1988
M.S. Columbia University, 1985
B.S. Zhejiang University (PRC), 1982
Honors & Awards
2005, Hemorheology and Microcirculation Award, International Society for Clinical Hemorheology
2004, Best Paper Award, Sigma Xi (GA Chapter)
2003, Best Ph.D. Thesis Advisor Award, Sigma Xi (GA Chapter)
1997-2002, Woodruff Faculty Fellow Award
1993-1998, Presidential Faculty Fellow Award, National Science Foundation
1993, Best MS Thesis Advisor Award, Sigma Xi (GA Chapter)
1991, Dr. Harold Lamport Award for a Young Investigator, Biomedical Engineering Society
1991, Y. C. Fung Young Investigator Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Biomechanics of cell adhesion and signaling molecules of the immune system and the vascular systems.
- Yago T, Lou J, Wu T, Yang J, Miner JJ, Coburn L, López JA, Cruz MA, Dong J-F, McIntire LV, McEver RM, and Zhu C, Platelet glycoprotein Iba forms catch bonds with human WT vWF but not with type 2B von Willebrand Disease vWF, J. Clin. Invest., 118:3195-3207, 2008.
- Lou J and Zhu C, “Flow induces loop to B-hairpin transition on the B-switch of platelet glycoprotein Iba”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A., 105:13847–13852, 2008.
- Chen W, Evans EA, McEve, RP, and Zhu C, "Monitoring receptor-ligand interactions between surfaces by thermal fluctuations," Biophys. J., 94:694-701, 2008.
- Zarnitsyna VI, Huang J, Zhang F, Chien Y-H, Leckband DE, and Zhu C, "Memory in receptor-ligand mediated cell adhesion," Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A., 104:18037-18042, 2007.
- Lou J, Yago Y, Klopocki AG, Mehta P, Chen W, Zarnitsyna VI, Bovin NV, Zhu C, and McEver RP. "Flow-enhanced adhesion regulated by a selectin interdomain hinge," J. Cell Biol., 174:1107-1117, 2006.
- Yago T, Wu J, Wey CD, Klopocki AG, Zhu C and McEver RP, "Catch bonds govern adhesion through L-selectin at threshold shear." J. Cell Biol., 166:913-923, 2004.